Friday, June 25, 2010

A New Journey

Some people believe that when one door closes, another door opens, and I also happen to believe that this is true. Without going into too much detail, I'll just say that the first half of 2010 did not go as I had anticipated, however I am hopeful that the second half of this year will bring many good things to me, as well as to my family and friends.

As some of you know, I started a blog with the same title, "Sweet Paper Dreams," in February 2009. While I originally created my blog to showcase photos of cards and other paper crafting projects that I created, the blog ended up including entries that captured things from my entire life. For a variety of reasons, I decided to delete my original blog, however as you can see, I am returning to "blog land" with a fresh start. The title to my blog is the same, but the web address is slightly different. I am excited to get back to posting entries and including photos, too. Like before, I'll include entries related to my paper crafting projects, however I think it's quite likely that you'll come across a lot more entries about the other bits and pieces of my life.

On that note, you might have noticed that the title for this entry is "A New Journey." That title is appropriate in so many ways. This is the first post to my blog and I'm excited about the posts yet to come. And going back to the reference about one door closing and another door opening - as I mentioned, the first half of 2010 has been difficult because it resulted in the loss of a significant relationship in my life (one door closing). This made me feel very sad and disappointed. However, another door has opened in my life - I've been offered a job in the field of public relations and marketing, which I am very excited about. This has been an area that I've always wanted to work in, ever since graduating from the University of Arizona with a degree in journalism. I am very thankful for this opportunity and I know that I will gain a lot of experience in my new position. I also believe that it will lead to some other wonderful things in my life.

As some of you know, from my previous blog posts, I enrolled in a digital photo class earlier this year. Due to things going on in my life, the class was challenging, however I am proud to say that I completed the class and learned a lot more about photography than I expected. I think it's appropriate to include one of the many photos (a Sprinkles cupcake) that I took during class with this first blog post. I am looking forward to taking more photos and posting them for you to enjoy.

I'll wrap up this post with a quote that I came across recently:

Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open.
-Johny Barrymore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful Washi Tape

If you have a passion for paper-crafting you have probably heard about the latest craze - washi tape!  And perhaps it's already part o...