Monday, June 13, 2011

So Many Things To Be Happy About Today!



1. It's my 40th birthday! Yes, it's a big birthday, and one that some people often dread, but not me - I happen to love celebrating my birthday. What's not to love about being another year older and another year wiser?

2. I am taking the day off from work. I have a rule that I don't go to work on my birthday when it falls on a week day. In fact, since it's my 40th birthday, I decided to take the whole week off from work!

3. I signed up for a digital photo class which is beginning tonight.

4. My brother, Andy, is taking me out to lunch at Sam's Chowder House in Half Moon Bay to celebrate my birthday. It will be my first visit to this restaurant and I am looking forward to it.

5. Overall, my health is good and I am feeling optimistic about life.

6. Not having to wake up to an alarm this morning.

7. Taking photos today with my new Nikon D90 DSLR camera and lenses.

8. My family and friends wishing me "Happy Birthday" when they call.

9. Being able to take a long walk this morning - my favorite time of the day to be outside.

10. Starting to read a new book on my Nook.

11. Looking forward to a belated 40th birthday celebration at Disneyland with my family in September. Can't wait to see Mickey and Minnie!

12. Enjoying the gigantic, still "afloat" birthday balloons that my co-workers gave to me last week.

13. That my birthday falls on June 13. I consider 13 a lucky number because of that.

14. Knowing that the official start of summer is just around the corner.

15. Being able to wear sandals and flip-flops to show off my first pedicure of the season.

16. Thinking about the magical things yet to come during my 40s - I believe (and hope!) that it can only get better.

17. Enjoying fresh blueberries on my cereal for breakfast this morning.

18. Knowing that I will get to enjoy some yummy birthday cake this week, and maybe even a cupcake or two!

19. Listening to the newest playlist that I created on my iPod.

20. Making a wish and blowing out the candles on my birthday cake.

I'll wrap this post up with one of my favorite birthday quotes:

"A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip."
-Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful Washi Tape

If you have a passion for paper-crafting you have probably heard about the latest craze - washi tape!  And perhaps it's already part o...