Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Fall, Y'All!

Just popping by with a short post today and to wish you "Happy Fall" on this first official day of autumn. In honor of the new season I am including a photo of some of my recent paper crafting creations - a bookmark and a coordinating card. Isn't the patterned paper simply gorgeous?! Gotta love Papertrey Ink and all of their wonderful stamping supplies!



I am thrilled about the change of seasons since autumn happens to be one of my most favorite times of the year for a variety of reasons. The hockey season is about to get started - Go Sharks! And I am enjoying football - the New England Patriots are 2 - 0! I've pulled out all of my Halloween and autumn-themed paper crafting supplies and I'm looking forward to creating cards and other goodies. I am also excited about trying out some new recipes for homemade soups. A bowl of warm soup is perfect for dinner on a cool, crisp autumn evening. I've already made two apple desserts this month - Fresh Apple Cake and Cranberry Apple Cake (both turned out delicious and I highly recommend them). It's starting to get darker earlier, which provides the perfect excuse to curl up on the sofa, light a candle and get lost in a good book. And perhaps the most exciting thing - a trip to Disneyland (all decked out for Halloween) with my family for my belated 40th birthday celebration!

Wishing you a wonderful start to autumn and hoping that you find much coziness in the season.

"How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days."
-John Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful Washi Tape

If you have a passion for paper-crafting you have probably heard about the latest craze - washi tape!  And perhaps it's already part o...