Thursday, September 30, 2010

Autumn - My Favorite Time of the Year


It's officially fall, although earlier this week it felt like summer was in full swing with very high temperatures throughout the Bay Area. While a heat wave means that the fog disappears for awhile (a nice treat), I'm always happy when it returns along with the cooler temperatures. It was nice to experience some warmer than usual temperatures over the past week, especially because it was a rather cool summer here in the Bay Area, but now I am ready for the cool, crisp days to return.
As some of you already know, Disneyland is one of my favorite places to visit. I have always wanted to go to Disneyland when it is decked out for Halloween and last year my wish came true. I thought it would be fun to include some of the photos from my trip in this posting. After all, I love Disneyland and I love Halloween, so what better way is there to kick off the "spooktacular" celebration? A trip to Disneyland isn't in the works for this year, but I have a feeling that I'll be visiting sometime next year...perhaps in honor of my 40th birthday. And yes, I'll be wearing my Mouse ears when I go!
What are some of your favorite things about fall? As I mentioned in a previous post, I like this time of year because my favorite sports swing into high gear - football and hockey! I went to my first hockey game of the season last night - I saw a pre-season match-up between the San Jose Sharks and the Vancouver Canucks, and the Sharks won! In three weeks my brother and I will be traveling to San Diego to see the New England Patriots take on the San Diego Chargers. It will definitely be a fun weekend! And although I am not a big fan of baseball, it always gets more interesting as the World Series approaches, no matter which teams are playing. This year will no doubt be more exciting because it looks like the San Francisco Giants are going to take first place in the NL Western Division.

Other things that I enjoy about this time of year include sipping a warm Chai tea latte on a cold, crisp morning, seeing the leaves begin to change colors on the trees, bundling up in cozy sweaters and toasty boots, making handmade Halloween cards and treats, and baking homemade pumpkin bread.

Hoping that all is well with you and sending out a "thank you" for taking time to visit my blog.

Our work-a-day lives are filled with opportunities to bless others. The power of a single glance or an encouraging smile must never be underestimated.
-G. Richard Rieger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful Washi Tape

If you have a passion for paper-crafting you have probably heard about the latest craze - washi tape!  And perhaps it's already part o...