Sunday, July 11, 2010

Weekend Fun


Another wonderful summer weekend is quickly coming to an end. The Bay Area was was treated to a good dose of sunshine and warm temperatures, at least along the Peninsula and further inland. Although I didn't go to the beach, I could see the fog lingering over the hills, so it was probably quite cool on the coast. That's the beauty of the Bay Area - a variety of micro-climates exist, so depending on the temperatures that you prefer it only takes a short drive to experience different weather.

I enjoyed my weekend. As you can see from the photo, I spent time creating some cards. I haven't been "paper crafting" as often as I used to, however it did feel good to spend part of the weekend doing something creative using rubber stamps, punches and other crafting essentials. The card featured in the photo is the perfect way to celebrate summer because it includes bright flowers, as well as some bling! I'm also working on some other cards, too, however I won't be posting photos of those cards just yet. I'll give you a hint though - I'm coming up with some card designs in honor of my favorite holiday. And what is my favorite holiday you might ask? Well, the answer to that question is here on my blog - you'll just have to explore a bit.

Beyond that, it was a quiet weekend, which suited me just fine. I met up with a friend on Friday evening, went for a jog at Sawyer Camp Trail on Saturday morning and took a yoga class on Sunday morning. I wrapped up my weekend with a healthy, home-cooked meal of salad, sauteed mushrooms and fresh red snapper. Yummo, as Rachael Ray says.

I hope that you had a wonderful weekend and found plenty of time to relax and also do something fun.

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.
-Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful Washi Tape

If you have a passion for paper-crafting you have probably heard about the latest craze - washi tape!  And perhaps it's already part o...