Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Lazy Days of Summer


Summer is in full swing now, and it's hard to believe that it's already the middle of July. Perhaps you are still anticipating your summer vacation, or maybe you have just returned from a week or two of "fun in the sun." Either way, I hope that your summer is going well!

I was able to spend some time working with a new stamp that I purchased earlier this month. I've been baking quite a bit and I always enjoy sharing my creations with friends and family, and I find it quite exciting to wrap my homemade treats in unique ways. When I saw this apron stamp, I knew that I had to add it to my collection. It's perfect to use as a tag, or as shown in this photo, as an embellishment on a gift bag. The thing that is neat about this apron stamp is that the cherries aren't included on the stamp - they are on a separate stamp. It's great being able to customize the apron depending on what recipe I might be trying. I'm already thinking about other tiny stamps that could be used on the apron...pumpkins (Halloween), snowflakes (Christmas), leaves (autumn/Thanksgiving) - the possibilities are endless. And it's so relaxing to use my colored pencils to color in the the stamped image. I always enjoyed coloring as a child so it brings back happy memories.

Speaking of memories, do you have a favorite pastime or memory from summer? I can think of quite a few, but one that stands out in my mind involves the last day of school before summer vacation - usually a half-day with dismissal at lunch time. My dad, younger brother and I would ride our bicycles to McDonald's to get Happy Meals and enjoy an outdoor lunch while talking about all of the fun things that we planned to do during the summer.

Wishing you a wonderful day and hoping that you are able to find some time to enjoy the "lazy days of summer."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful Washi Tape

If you have a passion for paper-crafting you have probably heard about the latest craze - washi tape!  And perhaps it's already part o...