Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I'm Ready for Some Football!

It's August, and while some people associate that with "back to school" being just around the corner, I tend to think in terms of the start of football season, with hockey not too far behind. I love football and hockey. I root for the New England Patriots (aka "The Pats") in football and I cheer for the San Jose Sharks in hockey.


You might wonder why I don't note the San Francisco 49ers as my favorite football team. I do like the Niners, but I'm a bigger fan of the Pats for a few reasons. I was born on the East coast, and I lived in Massachusetts for several years so I have a connection to New England. I've also lived in San Mateo for many years, and as you might know, the Pats quarterback, Tom Brady, is from San Mateo. How can I not root for the hometown boy? And while you might think I like the Pats mainly because Tom Brady is on the team, that is not the case. I'd still be a Patriots fan if he played for another team.

I've been wanting to go to a New England Patriots game for quite some time. Unfortunately I missed seeing them a couple years ago when they played the Niners and the Oakland Raiders. It's also somewhat challenging to fly back to Boston to catch a game, although it's something that I definitely plan to do in the near future. Fortunately, the Patriots are playing the Chargers in San Diego on October 24...and I am going to the game! My brother, Andy, and I will be flying down to San Diego for the weekend and we're both very excited about watching the game and checking out the sights around the city. It's going to be a great trip!


As for the San Jose Sharks, the start of their season is still a ways off, but you can bet that I will be going to quite a few games at the Shark Tank once they get under way. I went to several playoff games earlier this year, and watching the San Jose Sharks play live is definitely something to experience!

Here's a fun quote for all of you who enjoy watching more than one sport:
October is not only a beautiful month but marks the precious yet fleeting overlap of hockey, baseball, basketball, and football.
-Jason Love

1 comment:

Wonderful Washi Tape

If you have a passion for paper-crafting you have probably heard about the latest craze - washi tape!  And perhaps it's already part o...