Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happiness Is...



Happiness is taking a photo of one of the cute koalas at the San Diego Zoo (June 2009).

Happiness is taking some time today to write a post for my blog.

Happiness is going on a brisk walk around the neighborhood with my friend on a cold, winter morning and taking some photos along the way.

Happiness is enjoying a warm chai tea latte from Starbucks while making some hand-stamped Valentine cards.

Happiness is the delicious scent of homemade split-pea soup as it simmers on the stove in my kitchen.

Happiness is being excited about participating in the One Little Word project this year. My word is wonder.

Happiness is having co-workers that I also consider friends, which makes work a lot more enjoyable.

Happiness is lounging on the couch under a warm blanket while sipping tea and reading a good book.

Happiness is being in the moment and feeling comfortable with what is happening in my life right now.

Happiness is getting together with my brother for dinner and watching the San Jose Sharks play.

Happiness is taking a moment each day to be thankful for the blessings in my life.

Happiness is ending this post with a lovely quote:

"Happiness is like a butterfly, which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you."
-Nathaniel Hawthorne

Wishing you a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful Washi Tape

If you have a passion for paper-crafting you have probably heard about the latest craze - washi tape!  And perhaps it's already part o...