Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Martin Luther King Day!

Happy Martin Luther King Day! Whether you are fortunate to have a three day weekend or even if you have to work today, I hope that you are enjoying your day. The weather is gorgeous here in the Bay Area - it feels more like an early spring day rather than mid-January. I started out my day by taking a long walk so that I could spend some time outside in the sunshine. It certainly is a treat to have an extra day off from work and I am thankful for this.


My weekend has been fairly low-key, but certainly fun! The Sharks played the St. Louis Blues on Saturday night and I am happy to report that they won! It was their first win at home since December 23 (the game that my family and I went to which included a Sharkie-gram, as seen in this photo). Today the Sharks play an afternoon game against the Phoenix Coyotes and I will definitely be watching. What better way to spend an afternoon off?!

My other favorite sports team, the New England Patriots, played the Jets on Sunday afternoon in the playoffs, but unfortunately the Pats lost. My brother and I watched the game at the Clubhouse Bistro in San Mateo - a nice atmosphere with great food and drinks. I was disappointed that the Pats lost, but at least I was able to enjoy some "good eats" while watching the game. I am not looking forward to the football season being over, but at least there's a few more weeks remaining until the Superbowl. Despite the fact that the Pats won't be making an appearance, I'll still be watching because I like football, no matter which team is playing.


As a "crafter," it's definitely not too early for me to be thinking about Valentine cards and goodies, so I have set aside some time this weekend to work on my projects. I thought it would be fun to include a photo of this mini muffin tin that I keep some of my embellishments in. At the moment it has Valentine embellishments, but the contents change depending on the season and projects that I am working on. I think it's more fun to keep my embellishments in a tin such as this one because it's different. And unless I am using the tin to bake some yummy cupcakes, it would just be sitting in my cabinet.

I am also including a photo of one of the many Valentine cards that I have already made this year. This happens to be one my favorites. This card will be available for purchase in my Etsy shop - just click on the thumbnail under "Christianne's Etsy Shop" in the left column of my blog. As always, thank you for looking. I hope to add more items to my shop in the near future. In addition to working on Valentine products, I'm also creating a lot of birthday-related items such as cards, gift bags and gift card holders.


In honor of Martin Luther King Day, I think it's fitting that I end my post with a quote taken from the book Strength to Love, written by King:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Wishing you a week full of laughter and smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful Washi Tape

If you have a passion for paper-crafting you have probably heard about the latest craze - washi tape!  And perhaps it's already part o...